Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Form

Here's some form things that might help us shape this:

I'm thinking the piece should be 7 or so minutes.

The first 5.5 min or so I'll be on the ground, slowly shifting, splayed, contracting/expanding, muscles gripping and releasing.  Very insect like/woman's body on the ground-like.  I'll be sort of zig zagging my way downstage.  Sound here could be also be slowly shifting.

Then, a shift!  Something dramatic.  I'll be down stage center, very close to audience.  For the first time I'll get my feet (heels) under me in a crouch.  Lots of quick, tiny gestures, I'll eventually come to full standing.  I think the lights will fade with me standing.

So the bulk of the piece I'm horizontal, mobile, and slow then at the end I'm vertical, stationary, and fast.

Stripclub beat/vibe meshed with insect-esque sounds...hmmm.

Just some stuff to chew on...miss you buddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment